A leading manufacturer of A.S.M.E & standard tank heads, hot-formed tank heads, cones, manways and rolled shells, needed a way to wrap heavy, odd-shaped loads while the pallet remains on the forklift. Varying in size and material, tank heads measure from 8 5/8” diameters to 16’ diameters. Each day the company ships roughly 27,000 lbs of product in about 40 pallets, throughout the United States and Mexico.
The company was hand wrapping pallets which required 3 employees and increased risk to employee safety since workers would pass under the heavy load to pass the flm. In addition, flm rolls are heavy and can cause back injuries. In contrast, Muller’s Yellow Jacket orbital stretch wrapper requires only one employee to wrap the same loads in a fraction of the time. It also allows for a more uniform tension and wrap – further ensuring a consistently secured load.
To meet high wrapping demands, the company runs its Yellow Jacket 6 hours per 24hr time period without much delay. The Yellow Jacket orbital stretch wrapper is available in manual or semi-automatic. The 87M requires a footprint of only about 8’x9’ and runs on 110VAC- making it easy to install in most any plant. It also wraps a standard pallet size up to 68” diagonal.
The purchase of theYellow Jacket 87M has resulted in:
- 30% savings in costs
- labor and time savings
- increased machine reliability
- improved load containment process
Muller Load Containment Solutions
Muller’s full line of application equipment, from semi and fully automatic stretch wrappers, to stretch hood equipment, to state-of-the-art adhesive applicators, is built with features that provide easy operation and maximum operational up-time.
The Muller system solution is strengthened by the fact that we manufacture both equipment and consumables. To perfect your shipment, it takes more than just top of the line equipment. The right flms and adhesives must be selected to optimize the process. Muller manufactures a complete line of both cast and blown stretch wrapper flms that offer superior load retention and reduced cost per load.
At Muller, our customers receive a complete load containment solution that includes technical assistance and nationwide support by factory trained service engineers. We’re committed to keeping your stretch wrapper equipment running smoothly and effciently throughout its life-cycle. No one is more knowledgeable about Muller applications than the people of Muller.
- 110/1/60 electrical service required to operate the unit
- The Yellow Jacket 87″ is designed to comply with current national safety and regulatory standards
- Constructed with powder coated 7 ga steel
- The approximate weight of the machine is 2,500 lbs
- The foot print of the machine is 92″ x 114″ and 98″ tall
- The machine can operate on any solid surface
- Non-technical or technical personnel can be trained on machine use and safety in one hour or less
- The standard pallet load capacity is a 68″ diagonal or 52″ square
- Uses any machine grade film up to 20″ wide
- Adjustable tensioning to provide a range of 0-150% film post stretch
- The machine will run 0-20 revolutions per minute
- One 1 horsepower variable speed drive motor
- The ring is direct drive
- MAINTENANCE FREE gear box
- Push button jog of ring
|Max. Load Capacity||68.1″|
|Max. Wrapping Length||77″|
|Machine Dimensions||91″ x 93″ x 95″|
|Ring Speed||5-20 RPM|
|Film Type||Standard 20″ Machine Grade Stretch Film|
|Film Delivery||Core Brake w/Adjustable Tension|